The first Gap store was opened by Donald and Doris F. Fisher in 1969 in San Francisco, California because Don had a hard time finding a pair of pants that fit right. The first Gap store sold Levi's and LP records. Today, Gap has more than 3,500 stores selling private label merchandise and almost 134,000 employees. Gap carries upscale apparel for women, men, babies and children including undergarments, work apparel, maternity, shoes and more! Gap continues to believe in creativity, delivering results, doing what’s right and always thinking of customers first. They work to keep up with fashion without treading too far away from their classic Americana roots.
Printable GAP Coupons
Up to 50% off Everything + Extra 20% off
Get Savings at Gap
- Gap Online and In-Store Sales: Gap often has great online promotions and in-store deals with a blanket percentage off! You may find up to 40 or 50% off of the entire store. This sometimes even includes sale or clearance items, making for huge savings. If you have a Gap Credit Card, sign up for emails or follow the Facebook page, you will be in the know on these great sales.
- Reward Points and Credit Card: Gap offers reward points when you shop using the Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic Credit Card. These points translate into rewards certificates that you can use on future merchandise purchases. Sometimes these can be paired with sales or deals to save even more! Make sure to read the fine print so you know what you can use your rewards certificate on.
- Clearance: Gap often has great in-store and online clearance where you can save BIG off the regular prices. Pair this with a store promotion or a rewards certificate and you will really be saving money. Seasonal clearance is a great way to stock up for your future needs. With my kids, I always try and plan ahead or buy school clothes at a deeply discounted price. You can save so much money when you shop BEFORE you actually need the items!
- Free Shipping with a Minimum Amount: Gap offers free shipping online when you meet the minimum amount required for this promotion. It can vary but it is generally $50 to get free shipping. They also have free returns by mail which means if something doesn’t work for you, you can send it right back. It’s super easy and for me, it’s much easier than having to go to the store for returns.
- Sign up for E-mails to Save: If you sign up to receive the Gap E-mails, you’ll receive a one-time discount you can use on your purchase. The offer varies so watch for the best deal for your needs to come along and sign up! They don’t send too many emails so it’s easy to manage and you’ll get information on sales, deals, promotions or new items they may be carrying. This is a one-time discount so make it worthwhile!
- Gap Outlet: I love outlet stores and this is one of the better ones. They have a lot of the basic clothing and different fashions that may not have sold in regular stores or may be out of season. It’s a great way to find super savings and you may have to dig around a little to get the best deals. They often have odd sizes that you may not find in stores as well so keep an eye out if you need a specialty size like Tall or Plus Size.
Gap Customer Service Information
Gap Customer Service
100 Gap Online Drive
Grove City, OH 43123