The first Michaels store was opened in 1976 by Michael J. Dupey in Dallas, Texas. Since then the chain has grown to over 1040 stores in 49 states and Canada. Michaels stores sell a wide selection of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall décor, bakeware, beads, scrapbooking and seasonal merchandise. With the average store carrying over 40,000 different products, everyone from the full time artist to scrapbooking hobbyist can find what they need to finish their project! Michaels also offer a classes to helps teach the latest popular craft, as well as other life long skills like painting or sewing. Michaels also produces 10 exclusive private brands including Recollections, Studio Decor, Bead Landing, Creatology, Ashland, Celebrate It, Art Minds, Artist's Loft, Craft Smart and Loops & Threads.
Michaels is an arts and crafts retail chain that currently operates more than 1040 stores located in 49 U.S. states and in Canada. Michaels carries a variety of products, including arts & crafts (of course), framing, scrapbooking supplies, seasonal merchandise, bakeware and more, making it a favorite of hobbyists and do-it-yourself home decorators. Michaels is the largest arts & crafts chain in the U.S. and they have some really great ways to save with sales, coupons and clearance!
Although Michaels can appear pricey at first glance, it can really be a great store to find a bargain. With sales, coupons and clearance, you can really stretch your dollar on a variety of great items, especially holiday/seasonal decorations and craft supplies. Ready to start saving some money at Michaels? Read on for our expert tips!
- Save with Online Coupons and Coupon Codes – First and foremost, get your coupons! Grocery Coupon Network has all the latest online coupons and coupon codes and using coupons at Michaels is a great way to save big on those non-sale items. Be sure to check the “deals” tab for the latest.
- Check your Sunday Sales Ad for Coupons – Michaels always has coupons in their Sunday sales ad, so be sure to clip those coupons! They often have coupons for 40%-50% off one item or a selection of items, and these can add up to big savings! They also have special coupons good for one day only (and usually on holiday weekends) for larger discounts, so always check your sales ad! Be aware that many Michaels coupons are only valid on regular prices merchandise, so plan accordingly when you prepare your shop.
- Register for Michaels E-mail – Each week you’ll receive the latest information about sales, exclusive coupons and more!
- Use the Michaels Mobile App – You can access mobile-only coupons and your local weekly ad, use the store locator, search for and save your favorite project ideas and products and use the QR scanner. The Michaels App is available for iPhone and Android users.
- Get Text Alerts – Text “JOIN2″ to 273283 to enroll in Michaels Alerts to receive special offers and inspiration.
- Shop the Weekly Sale – Full price at Michaels can be expensive, but they always have great sales. Be sure to watch those sales, because just about everything at Michaels goes on sale at some point. Avoid paying full retail by using coupons or buying what you need when it’s on sale.
- Save Big with Clearance – Michaels has a huge amount of seasonal merchandise, and you can score some great deals when you shop the seasonal clearance. Deep discounts can be found on Halloween decorations, holiday wreaths, kids holiday crafts and so much more. These items are perfect to buy after the holiday to save for next year.
- Shop with a Buddy (or a Hubby!) – Many Michaels coupons are valid for a percentage off on one item. So even though it’s a great discount, it’s only for item, and if you’re like most people heading into an arts & crafts store, you’re looking for more than one item. Double your savings by bringing a friend and an extra coupon!
Michaels Customer Service and Corporate Headquarters Information
Customer Service: 1-800-MICHAELS (1-800-642-4235) Monday – Friday 8 AM to 7 PM CST, Saturday 9 AM to 6 PM CST
Michaels Stores, Inc.
8000 Bent Branch Dr.
Irving, TX 75063