Back to School Shopping Hints and Tips
Have you started your school supplies shopping yet? Below are a list of tips to get you started and encourage saving during back to school shopping!
My youngest is starting Kindergarten! Here’s his school supplies list!
- Large school bag
- 1 large box of tissues
- 2 boxes of crackers (1 box of saltines, Ritz, Graham, Club, Goldfish, Cheez-its)
- Paint smock (see directions for making a smock on page 15 of the Kindergarten Flyer that was handed out at the Kindergarten Screening) NO SHIRTS OR APRONS
- Pair of gym shoes with Velcro and labeled with child’s name to be kept at school – no high tops
- 2 folders with horizontal bottom pockets
- 1 one-subject wide ruled spiral notebook (any color)
- 10-count Crayola markers, classic colors (not fine pt)
- 12-count Crayola colored pencil Twistables
- 24-count Crayola crayons
- Pencil box 5”x8”
- 4 oz. bottle of Elmer’s Glue-All (no gel glue)
- 4 large Elmer’s Glue Sticks
- Large pink pearl eraser
- 5” Fiskars scissors (blunt or pointed)
- 1 box of Band-Aids (last name starts with A-L)
- 1 box of snack size bags (last name starts with M-Z)
- 1 box of quart size bags (last name starts with M-Z)
- 1 container of Huggies wipes
- Small blanket (receiving size, no larger than 3’ x 4’) NO PILLOWS
How does this compare to your school supplies list for the year?
What is your school supplies budget?
Obviously, I know this will vary depending on how many children you are shopping for and what grade levels they are entering. This year for school supplies my goal is to spend $20 or less/child including new gym shoes.
I shoot for spending as little as possible. I look for clearance items at the end of the school supplies shopping season. I also buy in bulk when items are on sale because teachers usually ask for more of certain supplies during the school year. I don’t like to pay full price, and tend to check my stockpile when I need more of something.
Hint and Tips
- Use Coupons whenever possible.
- Buy more of something when items are on sale.
- Start your school shopping as soon as items are on sale.
- Set a budget and try not to go over it.
- Price Match sale items on school supplies items at Walmart and Target!
Here are some great coupon sites to get you started on Coupons for back to school shopping. Make sure you check Grocery Coupon Network’s Coupons and Target Web Coupons before you head out back to school shopping!
Please come back to Grocery Coupon Network and share your savings! Happy Back To School Shopping!