South Carolina Double Coupon Stores
Written by Alex Bach
Imagine putting a quarter into a slot machine, pulling the lever and hitting jackpot. Now imagine the casino coming over, congratulating you and then DOUBLING your jackpot. Well, that's the feeling many people have when they find their coupons doubled at the grocery store--though winning a casino jackpot would like mean you'd never need to use coupons again.
The good thing is that double coupons are decidedly less rare than casino jackpots and available to the lucky and unlucky alike.
Here's How They Work:
Cents-off coupons (usually only manufacturer's coupons) are brought in to participating grocery stores, and upon presenting them at the register, the grocer puts out their own money and doubles the coupon's discount. Coupons for $0.50 off magically transform into coupons for $1.00; $0.55 become $1.10, etc.
As it's the grocer's money on the line, they will usually cap the accepted coupons to a certain value, usually between $0.50 and $1.00.
South Carolina's Complete Double Coupon List:
- Piggly Wiggly, like many of the grocery stores on this list, requires customers to have their loyalty card in order to receive double coupon discounts. The Pig Card, as it's called, allows customers to redeem up to 10 coupons up to $0.99 for doubled discounts.
- Bi-Lo, too, only doubles coupons for shoppers who have the Bi-Lo BONUSCARD. They double coupons up to $0.60 but they also allow customers to use up to ten "like" coupons, more than most stores allow.
- Harris Teeter doubles coupons, though only for customers who have the Harris Teeter VIC loyalty card. Shoppers who've signed up for the rewards program can redeem daily double coupons up to $0.99.
- Ingles offers to double coupons for shoppers who have an Ingles Advantage Card are the only ones who can take advantage of the double coupon. With the card, customers can double coupons up to $0.50, but can only double three coupons for every $10 spent.
- Publix offers double coupons up to $0.50 at most South Carolina grocery stores.
So Long Kroger
no longer accepts double coupons in South Carolina; the company has started cutting their double coupon policies from most of their stores, only a few areas in the country have Kroger's that will double coupons. So don't feel alienated South Carolina. Kroger stores still have weekly deals that can help save you money.
Any Stores Missing?
If you don't see your favorite double couponing store on our list please let us know so we can make the list more complete.
Find grocery coupons. Save money today.