Summer Money Saving Tips
Looking to save a little extra money this summer? Perhaps you’re hoping to spend August on a beach somewhere or want to spend a little more on a great summer wardrobe. Whatever the reason, summer does seem to be a time when you can always use a bit more in your pocket. I know I always find myself going out more in the summer time; it’s just a great time for fun! Here’s a few money saving tips third hat will help you afford those amazing designer sunglasses or a third round of sangria.
1. Cool down on the air conditioning. I don’t mean you have to spend your summer in a pool of sweat. Simply be aware of how much that air conditioner is blasting and find ways to keep it to a minimum. If it’s going to be a cooler night you can try opening the windows to sleep. Or, don’t waste the air while you’re at work or on vacation.
2. Grill out! Fresh fruit and veggies are lost cheaper in season. You can easily buy what’s fresh and a little meat on the side and grill it up for a quick, delicious meal with friends. It’s cheaper than eating out and just as entertaining.
3. Let your laundry dry outside. It was good enough for your Grandma! Grab a clothesline and pins at your local hardware store and build yourself a little clothesline on the back porch. The sun and summer breezes will dry your laundry in no time leaving you a little extra on the utility bill. And you’ll be surprised how wonderfully fresh everything smells!
4. Replace your air conditioner filters. Dirty filters can increase cooling costs. Dirty filters restrict the airflow and the efficiency of the air conditioner, which translates into more run time and higher cooling costs. Filters are cheap, so replace them regularly.
5. Make cocktails at home. Sure it’s fun to spend the summer sipping frozen drinks, but they are expensive! Try mixing up a batch of your own and inviting some friends over to share. With a few drink umbrellas you can have your own beach party in the backyard!