1. Preheat the oven to 350F˚
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the zest and juice of the lemon and 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves to the butter mixture. Set aside.
3. Take the giblets of the turkey and wash the turkey inside out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the turkey cavity. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion, and the garlic. Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the turkey.
4. Roast the turkey about 2 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and thigh. Remove the turkey to a cutting board and cover with alminum foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
5. Slice the turkey and serve.